Austruct’s Fabrication capacity includes but is not limited to:
- Shop detailing services
- Large building structural steel fabrication (high-rise buildings, airport terminals, stadiums etc)
- Heavy industry workshop building structures
- Bridge structures (box section beams, I section beams, canopies, arch sections etc)
- Marine steelworks
- Pile fabrication
- Mining process plant buildings, trusses, trestles.
- Mining equipment, plateworks (chutes, hoppers, bins, tanks etc)
- Pressure or non-pressure vessel/tanks.
- Pipe spools fabrication.
As a diversified fabricator able to handle complex projects, we can offer a one-stop shop service from detail design and shop detailing to supply and fabrication. This allows for a large reduction in indirect cost and risks. As a multi-discipline fabricator, we can undertake multiple steel packages such as structural steel, plateworks, pipeworks, assembly/modularisation at the same time. This means all work is done under one roof. This reduces the number of interfaces and contracts, thus saving on management cost and risks for our clients.
In 2013, Austruct developed a Wear Protection business to support our fabrication business in the mining sector. In 2015, due to an increasing demand in wear lining from our clients, WearLiner was established as a separate business to supply quality wear lining products to the mining, mineral processing, and construction industries.
WearLiner specialises in a large range of wearing material including:
- Durplate – Fabricated wear plates and chute liners that use well-known and proven Bisalloy’s BIS400, BIS500, Hardox series plates.
- Hardblok – Composite white cast iron metals.
- Hardplate – Duplex material consisting of tough and highly wear-resistant alloy overlaid on a shock absorbing mild backing plate.
Austruct have in-house structural engineering and shop detailing design capacity to support project requirements. Our engineering and shop detailing team has extensive experience in structural design and shop detailing for both building and mining sector, (including fixed plant, material handling and process structures). All works are designed and certified as per relevant Australian standards, as well as international standards.
This division offers the development of fabrication, modularisation and transportation methodologies during the tendering stage at no cost. This gives clients the option to reduce their overall costs from a fabrication perspective.